Spalted Beech dice tray
Availability - Tray ships in 2-3 weeks from order date.
DescriptionIrish beech is known for being susceptible to spalting and having beautiful coloring and lines from it. Spalting is due to an infection in the wood caused by a particular fungus. Caught at just the right time, the wood can be dried and preserved while killing the fungus. This leaves beautiful wavy, fire-like color patterns and striking black lines across the grains. Very unusual and highly sought after.
- Individually handmade by a single craftsman in my workshop.
- Made from responsibly sourced hardwoods.
- Finished with 3 layers of all-natural shellac, giving it a beautiful luster and shine.
- Premium Italian leather or felt lining.
- A thick 9mm base for a sturdy foundation and a nice "thunk" when rolled upon.
- Can withstand impacts from metal dice without damaging.
- Handcrafted in Ireland.
- Tray: ~27x21x4.5cm
- Side-slot: 5.1cm (2 in) - holds up to 35 dice
- Weight: ~600-700 grams
**Any dice towers, cards, counters, dice, accessories and models shown in photo not included with purchase. Also please understand that while the photos give you an idea of what to expect, each item is a natural product and will vary slightly in appearance from the photos with regard to grain and coloration, ensuring that your piece will be a unique piece of art.