Availability - In Stock - Tray ships in 1-2 business days from order date.
DescriptionGain a +3 to your table flair with this exclusive handcrafted dice tray made from sacred Irish yew wood.
In Irish, yew is called "an Iúr" and is considered sacred in some religions. During the 19th century most yew trees were cut down due to being poisonous to livestock, so finding good stock is particularly difficult. A long-lived tree, yew can grow for over 9000 years with some growing extremely gnarled and twisted. This creates burled wood like we see in this piece, which makes particularly interesting features such as a swirling grains, knots, voids and leaving striking orange or red hues to the wood.
- Individually handmade by a single craftsman in my workshop.
- Made from responsibly sourced hardwoods.
- Finished with 3 layers of all-natural shellac, giving it a beautiful luster and shine.
- Premium Italian leather or felt lining.
- A thick 9mm base for a sturdy foundation and a nice "thunk" when rolled upon.
- Can withstand impacts from metal dice without damaging.
- Handcrafted in Ireland.
- Tray: ~27x21x4.5cm
- Side-slot: 5.1cm (2 in) - holds up to 35 dice
- Weight: ~600-700 grams
**Any dice towers, cards, counters, dice, accessories and models shown in photo not included with purchase. Also please understand that while the photos give you an idea of what to expect, each item is a natural product and will vary slightly in appearance from the photos with regard to grain and coloration, ensuring that your piece will be a unique piece of art.